Spring has well and truly sprung, bringing with it a bumper crop of strawberries. With swimsuits starting to rear their ugly heads I thought I would spare you a cake recipe and mix up a strawberry foot scrub instead.
You may or may not know that Strawberries aren't just good eatings, they are full of all sorts of antioxidants, minerals, oils and vitamins that are great for refreshing your skin. Strawberries can get rid of dead skin cells and lighten dark spots.
Here is a really simple foot scrub that will chip off the winter layers and help get your feet ready for the world to see. All you need is...
- Three strawberries
- One tablespoon of salt- rock salt if you want a tough scrub, table salt if you want it gentle
- Two tabelspoons of an oil of your choice - I like almond oil but you could use olive oil, bio oil or whatever else you have handy
- Some newspaper to sit your feet on
- A bucket or bowel of warm water to rinse it off
- Chop up the strawberries
- Put all the ingredients in a small bowl and mush them with the back of a spoon
- Scrub your feet for 2 minutes each then leave the scrub on for another five to ten minutes
- Wash it off
- Smell your feet if you're really flexible or just look at them and sigh if you're not.