I haven't been here on Patchwork as much lately. I think it is important to step away every so often to keep things alive. I mean, what are you going to blog about if all you do is blog and look after little people?
Apart from dreaming about eloping to the mountains, I have been thinking about this blog and what direction I want to take it in. The conclusion I have come to is that I have been over-thinking it. It is what it is, a space with a whole bunch of different personalities - just like its brain mumma. - I digress.
Because I have been doing, seeing and exploring lots of things outside the four walls of my house, (if you count 'online' as outside) all of a sudden I am keen to jump on here and share away. Blog block gone!
Ok, I have been:
1) Reading The amazing book Wild by Cheryl Strayed, it's noggin-spinningly awesome and it makes me want to go bush.
2) Using A Beautiful Mess App and Rhonna Designs App - to explore visual storytelling. You may have noticed an abundance of infographics on my little page.
3) Thinking about 'giving good blog' and exploring how I can use this space to do more than just banging on about fun stuff, even if that just means sharing more Aussie/organic/ethical/sustainable -ish products. I am also going to put up links to great charities that I think are doing amazing things, the first two will be Thank You Water and Bears of Hope, let me know which charities you love.
4) Consuming too much stuff. After the new baby, Scout's epic growth spurt and my trying to make myself feel less..less like someone who has just had a baby; I have been buying too much crap. Now that everyone has what they need and want I am going to do another 'nothing new for a month'. It is a great way to clear the air, encourage creativity and re-focus on the things that matter. I did it last year and it really changed the way I thought but now the effects have well and truly worn off so it's time to go again. If you want to read about my experiences you can check out this post. *Ok so it turns out that this is actually a thing. I just found out. Apparently there is a world wide movement-www.buynothingnew.com.au
5) Reading lots of new blogs, all the time spent breastfeeding is being put to good use. I am sharing them via Facebook every Thursday so keep an eye out (if what you want is new blogs to read, if not - just ignore me.) Do you have a blog? Let me know in the comment section if you want to share it.
Thanks for reading xoxoxox Babs