I love Summer, I really do. Buuut, Aussie Summers are long and hot and I'm pretty excited about Autumns arrival.
So this morning I got up, popped on an outfit that included denim and sneakers and headed to the skate park with the kids. It was overcast and lovely and no one needed suncream. Then in the course of about ten minutes it poured rain on us, then the sun came out and had us all sweating.
Oh yeah, I forgot. There's no such thing as Autumn, this is Australia.
Anyway, the crazy weather was only part of the adventure. I am convinced we have the most creative mums in Australia on the coast. We bumped into Pinch Me Beautiful, Ragamuffin Jewellery and Lilly & Cogs while we were there. So much talent.
Ok, I'll stop banging on now and let you about the pictures.
1. My bestie was over and the kids were playing with a box and about a million stuffed toys, we were having a cup of tea out the back and they followed us out, we realised that a kid was missing, the noisy one who is in the process of dropping his day sleep. And there he was, in utero in a box. This may be my favourite photo that I have ever taken.
2. My kids think this is strawberry milk, suckers! Recipe here
3. Scout with strawberries on strawberries. The shirt is Bandit Kids from Yellow Dandy and the bed sheet is Kip & Co from Everything Cute.
4. Making lunch, packing lunch, gramming lunch #thuglife.
5. Taking pictures of these two together is one of my favourite things to do. I am trying for one every week but I miss some. You can see them at #squawkandscout
6. My DIY clay bunting is looking beautiful above the TV right now. If I do say so myself.
7. I am a bit party obsessed so I wrote about my top twenty tips for running a seamless and super funky party and a bunch of other articles too. You can find them here.
If you enjoyed this post and want to give me a virtual fist bump you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or sign up to my Mailing List. You can also 'pin', 'share', 'tweet' or 'like' this post using the buttons at the bottom of the post, xoxo babs