I have been in a bit of a topknot funk for a while now, and the problem is that my topknot game is not strong.
My hair is very fine and prone to lots of flyaway so I end up with the worlds smallest topknot and a weird little mullet thing flying out. It's more sumo than than rockstar so I'm shaking it off. It's time to make some changes.
Firstly I'm going to brush it every so often, and secondly I'm going to remember to rock some of these tried and tested hairstyles on a day to day basis. But let's be realistic, I'm probably going to wear a topknot every second day still.
1) The Drew: Out with a random braid every now and then. God she's perfection.
2) The Bridgette: Out, forward, bum part and tucked into a scarf. Freakin cute much?
3) The Hot Chick who looks like a rockstar mermaid (who is this?) : Half topknot, awesome for when the roots could do with a wash but the ends are still fresh.
4) The Nicole: Nobody rocks a turban like Nic. Actually, nobody rocks anything like Nic. I have trouble with the hair up turban because the hair to turban ratio is all out of whack but the hair down turban, I can do.
5) The Ashley (or maybe the Mary-Kate, I can't be sure:) This is one of my latest faves, the old front out pony. I love a good bum part and I love a messy do so this one tick all the boxes.
6) The Pip: A deep part is an instant fix for buh hair. You know when you look in the mirror and think, who is that boring mum? The deep part may be the answer you seek.
7) The Jemima: If you have enough hair to do the fringe out milkmaid look than you should absolutely do it. Do it for me because I can't. Also, you can totally only do your hair once a week if you're happy to sleep in braids.
All images sourced from Pinterest and you can find their original links here or on the board below